I wanted to take the time to reflect on some of the greatest or most misunderstood fathers of the Bible. I will be dealing with a few in particular. Namely Abraham, Job, Father of the Prodigal Son, etc...
There are many misconceptions on how Christian fathers should act concerning their love for their children versus their love of God and Christ. I hear many agnostics and atheists who argue that God is not a very loving person simply because he has made these Fathers make hard choices. I personally think that when you believe in nothing you are hardly equipped to judge the actions and motives of the Maker of the universe. Obviously none of us are able to judge the actions of the Most High but some (the aforementioned agnostics and atheists) feel they are uniquely equipped to do such a thing. I wonder what it is like to be a god in your own mind...nevermind....I wouldn't damn myself in that way.
Herein lies the question. Are we as mortal Fathers called to have our children make hard choices? If not why then why have them make any kind of decisions at all? Wouldn't it be easier just to make every decision for our children and let them live in a world where there are no consequences for their actions or in-actions? Oh wait...we already have parents like that who coddle their children right into prison or the grave because their children have not learned a basic lesson of life...your choices have consequences!
Do you think that God made a hard choice to let His only begotten Son come to earth to die a horribly painful death...all for the forgiveness of sin? I look at my son and I know that I could not make that choice. What does that say about our Father in Heaven? What does that say about how much He loves us.
Please check back periodically as I explore this topic in more detail.
All Praises to Him and Him alone,
M
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment