Well here it is. It's about four weeks until our baby girl is due to be born. I am very excited and anxious. My wife is just ready to be done. I have been doing my best to help her out. We both work full time and have managed to save enough for her to be off work until May. I have been helping out by doing the dishes, vacuuming, watching our son, and doing laundry. I am not trying to toot my own horn but I know there are many men out there that feel it is beneath them to help out around the house while their wives are pregnant, let alone when they are not.
I make mistakes like anyone else but this is one trait that I want to pass down to my son. As Christian men we are called to lead our families to the best of our ability. I believe this includes helping around the house even if our wives are not in delicate positions health wise.
Many men would chalk this up to being whipped or unmanly. I wonder what is so manly about treating your wife or s/o like something you own or a piece of furniture or even a servant.
We are all servants to the Most High, but we have to remember that we are also servants to each other.
With love in Christ,
M
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment